This summer, I’m doing a six-part series at Mother Teresa of Calcutta Catholic Church, 2014 NW 46th St, Topeka, KS 66618, called Know Your Faith! There are two weekly sessions:
- Wednesday mornings: 9:30 a.m. – 10:30 a.m, or
- Wednesday evenings: 7:00 p.m. – 8:00 p.m.
Both are free, and open to the public. You don’t need to RSVP, and if you can’t make all of them, that’s fine. We’re planning to record the evening sessions, and I hope to post them here afterwards. The first part begins tomorrow.
- June 4th: The Resurrection. How do we know that the Resurrection really occurred? Can we trust the New Testament accounts of the Resurrection.
- June 11th: The Bible. Why do we trust the Bible? How do we know which Books belong in the Bible?
- June 18th: The Eucharist. What did Jesus teach about the Eucharist? What did the early Christians believe?
- June 25th: The Papacy. Did Jesus found the papacy? Did St. Peter go to Rome? Can the papacy ever fail or be destroyed? What about corrupt popes?
- July 2nd: The Virgin Mary. Why do Catholics pray to Mary? Why do we believe in the Immaculate Conception and the Assumption of Mary? What did the early Christians teach about the Virgin Mary?
- July 9th: Your Questions. For the first five sessions, there will be notecards on which you can anonymously ask questions. The last session will be focused on answering as many of these questions as possible.